- About LSC
- Principal's Welcome
I would like to welcome you to our website. I hope that it gives you a clear sense of what we have to offer and what it is like to study and to work at Leyton Sixth Form College.
We are proud of the quality and breadth of the learning experiences that we provide. We want all of our students to experience a comprehensive and enriching sixth form education characterised by high academic standards, stimulating teaching and learning and extensive enrichment opportunities beyond the classroom. Visitors to the college are impressed by the positive, friendly and purposeful atmosphere that they experience here. This comes from the warm and respectful relationships amongst staff and students, creating an inclusive learning community in which each person is valued and encouraged to achieve their full potential.
We recognise the importance of choice and believe that our study programmes should be designed around the abilities and aspirations of our students. At Leyton Sixth Form College, therefore, we are committed to providing a well-balanced and challenging curriculum for all students through the following:
- Aspirational and stimulating academic provision which encompasses A levels from a variety of disciplines and enables students to progress to prestigious universities
- A wide ranging vocational curriculum underpinned by substantial work placement and partnership arrangements with renowned employers
- A centre of excellence for the arts and culture with connections to a range of arts organisations and creative industries within the region
- A supportive ESOL and Foundation Learning Programme taught by specialist staff
Whichever study programme you choose you will be sure to benefit from:
- Interesting and informative lessons taught by skilled and enthusiastic staff in modern, well-resourced facilities
- Comprehensive tutorial and pastoral support
- The opportunity to participate in a number of different extra-curricular activities designed to be both enjoyable and to extend your skills and experiences
- Excellent advice and guidance on your next steps into university or employment.
Leyton Sixth Form College is more than just a place to study. Your time with us will enable you to successfully make the transition between school and higher education, apprenticeships or employment. Even more importantly, it will broaden your horizons and extend your aspirations. It will provide you with the opportunity to develop new skills, make new friends and contribute to an ambitious, caring and vibrant community. We very much hope that you will choose to join us.