Enrichment is sometimes referred to as Extra-Curricular Activities – in other words, things that you do outside of your classroom lessons such as Sports, Clubs & Societies, Volunteering and Short Courses.
Enrichment@Leyton is an important part of your college experience. We work hard to provide a wide range of interesting activities for you to take part in, but we are always open to new suggestions and ideas of activities you would like to do.
Taking part in enrichment activities complements your main college programme and will broaden your outlook on life. It provides new skills and experiences and contributes towards your CV.
We look forward to seeing you at one of the many activities we have running this year.
It is important to note that these activities are open to ALL students at the college, regardless of what courses you are studying.
Next year, these are just some of the activities you can look forward to:
- Day trips to Europe
- Visit to Dubai and New York during half terms
- Visit to Warner Bros Harry Potter Studios
- Horse riding at Lee Valley
- Visit to Clothes Show Live in NEC Birmingham
- Visits Russell Group universities including Cambridge University, Oxford University, Royal Holloway London and many more
- First Aid course
- Driving Theory course
- Visits to the theatre in the West End
- Winter Wonderland in Hyde Park
- Visits to theme parks including Thorpe Park and Alton Towers
Upcoming Enrichment Activities:
- Basic First Aid Course - Wednesday 13th February 2019
- SOAS University of London Trip - Thursday 14th February 2019
- Driving Theory Course - Thursday 21st February 2019
- Imperial University Trip - Wednesday 13th March 2019
Queen Mary, University of London Participation Award
Once you take part in enrichment activities at the college, you get the unique opportunity to apply for a QMUL Participation Award which is awarded by Queen Mary, University of London and celebrates your academic and enrichment achievements.
This year, we have also introduced a new award at Platinum level which rewards exceptional involvement within enrichment and also the completion of Broadening Horizons activities. These activities are designed to further develop your research and analytical skills as well as ensuring that you meet the employability criteria for future employers.
Email us: email@example.com
Facebook us: www.facebook.com/LeytonSixthFormCollege
Tweet us: @Leyton6thform
Snapchat us: leytonsixthform