What is the course about?
This course gives students the opportunity to gain knowledge and understanding of, and to develop skills in, the health and social care sector. It also gives students the potential opportunity to gain employment in the care sector. Successful completion of the course can lead to progression on to the BTEC Level 3 Health and Social Care course.
Exam board: Edexcel.
Duration of course: 1 year.
What units/topics will be studied?
- Human Lifespan Development
- Health and Social Care Values
- Effective Communication in Health and Social Care
- Healthy Living
- Social Influences on Health and Wellbeing
- The impact of Nutrition on Health and Wellbeing
- Individual Rights in Health and Social Care
- Creative and Therapeutic Activities in Health and Social Care
What do I need to study this subject?
4 GCSE’s at D/4 grade, including English, Maths or Science.
What can I do to prepare myself to study this subject?
- BTEC First Health and Social Care course textbook
- Visit NHS Choices website on healthy living
Where can this lead me?
- Progression to the BTEC Level 3 Health and Social Care course
- Potential employment in the care sector
- Apprenticeships in the care sector
What are the enrichment opportunities as part of this subject?
Work experience placements:
- Team building activities
- Leadership qualification
Entry Requirements D/4 - English + D/4 - Maths