What is the course about?
This qualification prepares learners to become Early Years Educators, enabling them to work with children from birth to 5 years and gain knowledge of children aged 5 to 7 years.
Exam board: CACHE.
Duration of course: 2 years.
What units/topics will be studied?
- Child development from conception to seven years
- Children’s health and well-being
- Providing safe environments for children
- Child health
- Play and learning
- Understanding children’s additional needs
- Observation, assessment and planning
- Professional Practice Portfolio 1
What can I do to prepare myself to study this subject?
- CACHE Level 3 Child Care and Education (Early Years Educator)
- A visit to a private nursery or Children’s Centre
Where can this lead me?
- Progression to Higher Education
- Early Years Educator
- practitioner in day nurseries
- practitioner in nursery schools
- practitioner in reception classes in primary schools
- pre-school worker
What are the enrichment opportunities as part of this subject?
Work experience placements
- Team building activities
- Leadership qualification
- First Aid Qualification
- Food and Hygiene qualification
5A*- C, C/5 - English Language, C/5 - Maths
C/5 - English Language,
C/5 - Maths