What is the course about?
The BTEC First in Children’s Play, Learning and Development (CPLD) has been developed to support the Early Years sector and focus on:
- Providing opportunities for learners to gain a nationally-recognised vocational qualification relevant to the Early Years sector.
- Providing opportunities for learners to develop a range of skills and techniques, personal qualities and attributes essential for successful performance in working life within this sector.
Exam board: Edexcel.
Duration of course: 1 year.
What units/topics will be studied?
- Patterns of Child Development
- Promoting Children’s Development Through Play
- The principles of Early Years Practice
- Promoting Children’s Positive Behaviour.
- Health and Safety in the Early Years Setting
- Supporting Children’s Language and Literacy Development
- Making Health Food Choices for Children
- Introduction for working in the Early Years Sector
What do I need to study this subject?
4 GCSE’s at D/4 grade, including English, Maths.
What can I do to prepare myself to study this subject?
- BTEC First Children’s Play, Learning And Development
- Visit a Private Nursery, Children Centre or a preschool
Where can this lead me?
Progression to the CACHE Level 3 Award /Certificate/Diploma In Child Care and Education (Early Years Educator) course
Potential employment in the childcare and Education sector
Apprenticeships in the Childcare and Education sector
What are the enrichment opportunities as part of this subject?
- Work experience placements
- Team building activities
- Leadership qualification
Entry Requirements 4 GCSE’s at D grade, including English, Maths or Science