ART AND DESIGN FOUNDATION DIPLOMA
UNIVERSITY OF THE ARTS LONDON AWARDING BODY (LEVEL 3/4)
• fixed studio fee covers day to day materials costs
• low cost field trip abroad – In the past these have been... New York, PARIS, BERLIN and Barcelona.
• No tuition fees, including over 19s continuing at LSC.
• small classes in a dedicated studio, your own work space.
• 1:1 tutorial support throughout course
• Wide range of specialisms supported, whatever your ambitions; from car design to animation. Fashion to architecture or product design to graphics.
Additional short courses in photography, drawing, fashion and clothing.
Who are we looking for?
• good attender
• committed to art and design
• strong skills in any specialism
• energetic / ambitious
• can get on well with other people
Come and see us in the FAD studio– M4
For any other info Contact:
Simon Stead, Art Department
Leyton Sixth Form College
Essex Road, Leyton, London E10 6EQ
Tel: 020 8928 9157
Exam board: UNIVERSITY OF THE ARTS LONDON AWARDING BODY
Duration of course: 1 year
What units/topics will be studied?
Course is in three stages.
- Introductory projects introduce a range of specialisms and improve visual language. Students choose direction and make UCAS application.
- Pathway – students specialise, complete portfolio, University interviews.
- Final Major Project – students complete one big project which carries course grade.
What do I need to study this subject? (Entry requirements)
Art and Design Foundation Diploma course is a post level 3 course. Applicants will be assessed at interview through their portfolio.
As a guide we would expect students to be qualified with at least C grade in A2 Art subjects, or a Merit level (MMM) at Level 3 vocational. However offers are made on the quality of the portfolio.
Applicants will also need a reference which shows a good level of attendance and punctuality.
What can I do to prepare myself to study this subject? (Recommend books to read/activities)
Prepare a well presented portfolio that shows your ability, including some observational drawing. Ensure you have visited a gallery or museum independently before your interview.
You will be given a summer project if you are accepted onto the course.
Where can this lead me?
100% of students who applied gained Higher Education places in fashion, fine art, graphics, 3D, illustration, architecture at Slade (UCL), Chelsea, UEL, LCC, LCF, CSM, Westminster, Metropolitan, Middlesex, Bristol, Nottingham, Sheffield, Brighton, Leeds and Edinburgh.
Post degree there is employment in a range of creative industries.
What are the enrichment opportunities as part of this subject?
Programme of visiting lecturers in Architecture, Fashion, Graphics, Advertising, Jewellery and illustration. Links to contemporary practice, organised gallery and museum visits. Yearly field trip abroad.